We are proud to have internationally-recognized dental sleep medicine expert, Dr. Jonathan A. Parker speaking at our Dental Sleep Medicine Symposium on September 30, 2016.
Dr. Parker is a graduate of the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry. He has a full-time practice in dental sleep medicine in Edina, Minnesota, and his office is accredited by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Parker is:
- An Adjunct Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- A Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- On the board of directors of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- A charter member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
- The 2003 recipient of the AADSM’s prestigious Distinguished Service Award
- A Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain
- On the staff or a consultant to most of the sleep disorders centers in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area
In addition, Dr. Parker is well known internationally and is regarded as one of the premier lecturers in the United States on the role of the dentist in evaluation and treatment of snoring and sleep apnea using oral appliance therapy. He has authored a number of research articles and abstracts evaluating the effectiveness of oral appliances used for treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea.
Dr. Parker’s entertaining and informative presentation will provide you with a clear
understanding of all aspects of snoring and OSA and a step-by-step approach to
identifying, evaluating and coordinating treatment for your patients. It will also be
an exceptional guide to treating snoring and OSA with oral appliance therapy. You
will learn the features and characteristics of 9 different oral appliances as well as the
benefits and potential side effects of these devices.
Here is a quick video of Dr. Parker from his Overview of Sleep Medicine video series:
Please join us on September 30 for this outstanding event. Learn more about our program and register online here.