Straumann Restorative Mini Residency Program
Hosted by Dental Prosthetic Services in association with Eastern Iowa Oral Surgery
Course Description: This 4-part treatment planning mini residency program is designed to dramatically increase the number of implant procedures you perform in your practice and improve the quality and longevity of final restorations. You will also gain the confidence to treat all patients in a more comprehensive manner, improving patient overall health.
Speaker: Dr. Ryan Lewis, DMD
Dates: November 2, 2018, January 18-19, 2019, and March 1, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM — 4:00 PM
Location: Hiawatha Community Center – 101 Emmons Road, Hiawatha, IA 52233
CE Credit: 7 hours per session for a total of 28 hours
SESSION 1: IMPLANTS: HOW, WHEN, AND WHY? (November 2, 2018)
- Introduction to the Mini Residency Program
- Rational for dental implants
- Discovering implant patients within your practice
- The art of communication
- Proper fee setting to profit with dental implants
- Patient election and medical considerations
- Proper case work up for treatment planning
SESSIONS 2 & 3: THE ART OF COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT PLANNING (January 18-19, 2019)
- Treatment planning from simple to complex cases
- Interdisciplinary comprehensive planning of all cases presented
- Learning the total team approach to success; why proper planning involves input from the Surgeon, Restorative Dentist, Orthodontist, Lab, and Implant Company
SESSION 4: SUCCESSFUL IMPLANT PROSTHETICS AND OCCLUSION (March 1, 2019)
- Treatment plan additional cases
- Restorative procedures for multiple implant cases
- Anterior implant restorative options
- Full arch restorative procedures
- Occlusion and implant dentistry
- Hands-on of Straumann implant components
About the Speaker: Practicing in Longmont, Colorado, Dr. Ryan Lewis has pioneered innovation in prosthodontics. He has been recognized by his peers in the field of digital dentistry, winning the scientific writing award from the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry in 2015. His innovation, skill and passion in the field of dentistry has set him apart and provided his patients with exceptional results.
Dr. Ryan Lewis received his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology at Murray State University in 2006. He then proceeded to earn his Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree in 2011 at the University of Louisville, School of Dentistry. Dr. Lewis then completed a 3-year post graduate training program in Prosthodontics at the University of Louisville in 2015. Dr. Lewis is a Member of many prestigious dental associations such as: The American College of Prosthodontists, American Dental Association and International Team for Implantology. Dr. Lewis also specializes in complete oral rehabilitation and has volunteered his dental services in Haiti (2010) and the Philippines (2011).
Join us for a lab tour. Meet the people who craft your restorations and experience our technology. While you are at the lab, we can also do a CE program on digital technology, shade taking best practices, impression trouble shooting, or dental sleep medicine.
To schedule, call Deborah at 800-332-3341 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org