Airway and Breathing Disorders Amplified
Now that you have completed the basic implementation of dental sleep medicine into your practice, it’s time to consider your next steps for amplifying this patient service. This course is for participants who have a working knowledge of dental sleep medicine and are looking to continue education and training in this area.
- Basic Review of Sleep, Breathing Disorders and Neurobiology
- Pediatric and Adolescent Sleep
- Health and Medical Conditions Related to Sleep
- Sleep Bruxism Updated
- Myofunctional Therapy
- Sleep Related TMD/TMJ/OFP (includes headache)
- Management of the Edentulous Patient
- Imaging for Breathing Disorders
- Review of Oral Appliances (all aspects)
- Attendee Case Review(s)
- Follow-Up Testing
- Other Sleep Disorders of Interest and Concern
Special Breakout Session Just for the Team – Clinical Management of your Dental Sleep Medicine Patients
Topics covered include:
- The First and Second Appointments: Consultation, Impression and Bite Registration
- Instrument and material set up
- Record collection including taking vitals, height, weight, Panorex
- SOAP notes
- How to use prepare the Kettenbach Airway Metrics Bite Registration System
- Taking the PERFECT impression
- How to answer questions without the doctor’s presence
- Delivery of the Appliance
- Instrument and material set up
- How to properly fit and adjust the appliance to correct comfort and bite
- How to construct a bite aligner/exerciser with verbal instruction on usage
- Cleaning instructions
- Verbal review with the patient as to the understanding of the appliance function, risk and limitations
- Follow-Up and Follow-Up Appointments
- Understanding how to address the patient’s needs regarding issues or complaints
- How to adjust the appliance based on the patient’s feedback.
Date: January 17-18, 2020, 8am-5pm both days
Location: Dental Prosthetic Services – 1900 51st Street NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
CE Credits: 16
Tuition: Dentist $995, Team Member $349Register Now
Dr. John Tucker
John H. Tucker, DMD, DICOI, DABDSM, has maintained a private practice in Erie, Pennsylvania since 1982. He is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Tucker has a special interest in the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. As a Diplomate of The American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine, he is exceptionally qualified to manage this serious problem with Oral Appliance Therapy. Dr. Tucker was named one of the Best Sleep Doctors in 2012 & 2013 by the Sleep Review Journals for Sleep Specialists. He has been actively treating patients in the Tri-State Erie area for the past ten years. Dr. Tucker works directly with sleep physicians and sleep centers to ensure that his patients receive the most positive treatment outcome possible. He founded Erie Dental Sleep Therapy, LLC in 2007. Erie Dental Sleep Therapy, LLC became the eighth AADSM Accredited facility in June of 2012. Erie Dental Sleep Therapy, LLC was also named one of the Best Sleep Facilities in 2012 by the Sleep Review Journals for Sleep Specialists.
Tammy Caldwell, Dental Assistant
“Clinical Management of Your Dental Sleep Medicine Patients” will be presented by Tammy Caldwell, Dr. Tucker’s chairside assistant for the last five years. In her 27-year career, Tammy has worked as an Office Coordinator, but found her passion was in chairside assisting. She is uniquely qualified to provide your team with the best practices for treating your CPAP intolerant patients.
This incredible segment featuring 8 hours of training is specifically dedicated to helping team understand their role in supporting your efforts to treat these patients.
Join us for a lab tour. Meet the people who craft your restorations and experience our technology. While you are at the lab, we can also do a CE program on digital technology, shade taking best practices, impression trouble shooting, or dental sleep medicine.
To schedule, call Deborah at 800-332-3341 or email at email@example.com