This two-day interactive course is the first step into the dental practice’s evolutionary efforts to focus on the patient’s overall health. Enthusiastic dental practice teams attending this program are looking for the keys to successful implementation.
Dr. John Tucker focuses his students on the latest clinical and technological information in order to expand and optimize this patient service. Dr. Tucker is one of the few educators that provide a detailed technique for treating the edentulous sleep apnea patient. There are several hands-on segments dealing with the importance of nasal breathing and bite registration.
- Sleep physiology and how it affects overall wellness
- How anatomical structure influences patient treatment
- Mouth breathing; its relationship to sleep bruxism & TMJ
- How to choose the appropriate oral appliance design
- Is there a vertical component to oral appliance therapy
- Oral appliance vs. CPAP compliance
- Diagnosis: home sleep testing vs. overnight sleep lab
- Medical billing options
- The role of 3-D imaging and airway management
- Hands on bite registration utilizing the Airway Metrics System
- Continuing to energize the team
Speaker: Dr. John Tucker, DMD
Dates: January 25-26, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM — 4:00 PM (Both Days)
Location: Ames Family Dental – 2625 University Blvd, Ames, IA 50010
CE Credit: 16
Tuition: $995 per dentist. $349 per staff memberRegister Now
About the Speaker: John H. Tucker D.M.D. educates dentists on the clinical knowledge needed to practice dental sleep medicine from start to finish. Dr. Tucker lectures extensively on Dental Sleep Medicine around the country and has the unique ability of understanding and identifying the daily challenges that are faced by dentists in all stages of implementation. He maintains a private practice in Erie, Pennsylvania, and is a Diplomate of The AADSM. Dr. Tucker was named one of the Best Sleep Doctors in 2012 & 2013 by the Sleep Review Journals for Sleep Specialists. He’s been actively treating sleep patients for more than 10 years.
Straumann Restorative Mini Residency Program
Hosted by Dental Prosthetic Services in association with Eastern Iowa Oral Surgery
Course Description: This 4-part treatment planning mini residency program is designed to dramatically increase the number of implant procedures you perform in your practice and improve the quality and longevity of final restorations. You will also gain the confidence to treat all patients in a more comprehensive manner, improving patient overall health.
Speaker: Dr. Ryan Lewis, DMD
Dates: November 2, 2018, January 18-19, 2019, and March 1, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM — 4:00 PM
Location: Hiawatha Community Center – 101 Emmons Road, Hiawatha, IA 52233
CE Credit: 7 hours per session for a total of 28 hours
SESSION 1: IMPLANTS: HOW, WHEN, AND WHY? (November 2, 2018)
- Introduction to the Mini Residency Program
- Rational for dental implants
- Discovering implant patients within your practice
- The art of communication
- Proper fee setting to profit with dental implants
- Patient election and medical considerations
- Proper case work up for treatment planning
SESSIONS 2 & 3: THE ART OF COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT PLANNING (January 18-19, 2019)
- Treatment planning from simple to complex cases
- Interdisciplinary comprehensive planning of all cases presented
- Learning the total team approach to success; why proper planning involves input from the Surgeon, Restorative Dentist, Orthodontist, Lab, and Implant Company
SESSION 4: SUCCESSFUL IMPLANT PROSTHETICS AND OCCLUSION (March 1, 2019)
- Treatment plan additional cases
- Restorative procedures for multiple implant cases
- Anterior implant restorative options
- Full arch restorative procedures
- Occlusion and implant dentistry
- Hands-on of Straumann implant components
About the Speaker: Practicing in Longmont, Colorado, Dr. Ryan Lewis has pioneered innovation in prosthodontics. He has been recognized by his peers in the field of digital dentistry, winning the scientific writing award from the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry in 2015. His innovation, skill and passion in the field of dentistry has set him apart and provided his patients with exceptional results.
Dr. Ryan Lewis received his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology at Murray State University in 2006. He then proceeded to earn his Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree in 2011 at the University of Louisville, School of Dentistry. Dr. Lewis then completed a 3-year post graduate training program in Prosthodontics at the University of Louisville in 2015. Dr. Lewis is a Member of many prestigious dental associations such as: The American College of Prosthodontists, American Dental Association and International Team for Implantology. Dr. Lewis also specializes in complete oral rehabilitation and has volunteered his dental services in Haiti (2010) and the Philippines (2011).
Join us for a lab tour. Meet the people who craft your restorations and experience our technology. While you are at the lab, we can also do a CE program on digital technology, shade taking best practices, impression trouble shooting, or dental sleep medicine.
To schedule, call Deborah at 800-332-3341 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org