Taking a edentulous bite
Use the putty bite technique illustrated in the video to capture vertical and alignment.
- In place of the verticorder use the ‘Hmmm’ technique to establish VDO
- Place dots on the chin and nose to capture initial measurement,
- Using millimeter ruler, mark 7mm up from dot on nose to establish freeway space.
- Place roll of putty onto patient’s mandible and guide them into closure to initial measurement from dot on chin to second dot on nose.
- When putty is set, mark midline and lip line on bite with Sharpie.