Dental Prosthetic Services is proud to partner with Airway Management to bring you the dreamTAP™ DuraFit.
Available exclusively through DPS, the dreamTAP™ DuraFit combines the proven hardware design of the dreamTAP™ oral appliance, with DPS’ popular Durasplint material.
The Durasplint tray material offers multiple benefits for both you and your patients:
- Highly accurate, patient specific chairside fit (simply place in warm water for 30 seconds)
- Comfortable – thermally self-adjusts with patient’s body temperature
- Amine free to maintain its optical clarity (non-yellowing)
- MMA free to reduce material sensitivity
- Extremely durable and repairable
- E0486 Medicare Approved
Seating the dreamTAP™ DuraFit:
- Before you fit the patient with the dreamTAP™ DuraFit, inspect it to make sure the pieces are not damaged and free from any physical or cosmetic defects. If there is the slightest indication that the device may be damaged or defective, do not fit it. Also, clean the dreamTAP™ by gently scrubbing it with mild soap and rinsing it thoroughly.
- Place the appliance either under a warm running tap or into a bowl of warm (not hot) water for 30 seconds. This will make the appliance pliable and easy to place.
- Start with the Lower Tray. Position it over the teeth. Using your thumbs, push the appliance on the teeth starting from the back and working your way forward.
- Repeat the same process with the Upper Tray.
- Have the patient place both trays in their mouth (they should “snap” over the teeth, but not uncomfortably). Instruct the patient to engage the trays together outside of the mouth before putting the appliance in the mouth.
Adjusting the dreamTAP™ DuraFit:
- If adjustments are necessary, adjust with carbide bur and polish if needed.
- Once seated in the patient’s mouth, check bite with marking tape to identify premature occlusion; adjust and polish as needed.
Caring for your dreamTAP™ DuraFit:
- Place the appliance either under a warm running tap or into a bowl of warm (not hot) water for 30 seconds. This will make the appliance pliable and easy to place. Avoiding this step may cause cracks in the appliance or prevent it from seating completely. NEVER MICROWAVE OR HEAT YOUR APPLIANCE ON THE STOVE. THIS WILL RUIN IT.
- Shake off excess water so you do not scald yourself before placing appliance into your mouth.
- Clean your appliance once a day by gently brushing it with a toothbrush and mild soap. Do not use harsh chemicals, denture cleaner, alcohol-based cleaners or any substance not recommended for human consumption to clean your appliance.
- Store appliance dry, it should not be soaked.